Friday, August 19, 2016

Coming and Going

I have not been very active blogging lately. I have been busy on the quilt front!

The "Illuminated Stars" are back from their trip to Maine.
See more about the special exhibit HERE.

They did a great job on the exhibit - I hope we get to see more like it.







The Red and White quilts will be home from the Iowa Quilt Museum in September.
See more about the exhibit HERE.
I hope to visit their next exhibit with a star theme.


email me if you are interested in meeting there in early November.  I'm thinking of adding on Kalona as well.  It has been years since I visited Kalona - long over due.


For more information on the Iowa Quilt Museum click HERE.





In September I will be in Arizona for the American Quilt Study Group annual seminar.  I am looking forward to the study centers, tours, shopping and countless other quilt study opportunities.
I am bringing quilts for the bed turning event opening night.
There are several "turning stations" - I am one of the moderators for the Pennsylvania Quilts station. I will get a break to see the pre-1850 and doll/crib quilt stations. Thank you to all who volunteer at these events! There are other stations, but those are my priorities. If you are going, please stop by and say hello.

This year at seminar is the exhibit for the basket study.  I will have a quilt on exhibit there as well. Part of the guidelines prohibit me from showing it to you yet. There will be 50 quilts hanging in this exhibit.
I hope to see you there.



Also this fall, I have several upcoming trips to Minnesota and Wisconsin.
I am honored to be speaking and teaching at The Pine Tree Quilters Guild October 11/12.

Contact me if you are interested in a trunk show, lecture or class for your guild, small group or individual lessons.

In between all the fun we have new patterns coming up!

I hope to see you soon,
Happy Stitching,
Dawn

15 comments:

  1. Busy schedule Dawn and wish I could attend one of these events. Hoping to make it to the AQSG in New Hampshire 2017. Meanwhile I'm enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to go to the Quilt study seminar!! My hip has bothered me all year & was misdiagnosed as bursitis. Well, it was worse than thT & I now need full hip replacement. Once I am on the mend, I intend to join this group!! Excited about new patterns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in demand! Wish one of those events was anywhere near me.
    I loved the quilt you recreated for the Maine show. Would love to see you in action. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, I'd love to try to meet up with you in November when you visit the Quilt Museum in Winterset. Put me on your list to contact when you have your plans set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I am looking forward to it. I will also look for you at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Fest this month.

      Delete
  5. I am worn out just reading your post about all the upcoming activities and trips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very busy fall schedule - so looking forward to your arrival here in Wisconsin - we should have the fall colors turned on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting all those upcoming trips! Are you planning on going to Lancater PA in March 2017 by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like there are a lot of exciting events to look forward to, Dawn! But you really saved the best news for last: new patterns coming out? I am so curious! And furthermore I would like to ask the same question as Yvonne did (she is the leader of our trip next year, by the way...).
    Have a wonderfull weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes that maine exhibit was super...wendy and cyndi are friends of mine and they always do a super job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have some wonderful travel and quilting plans. It will be nice to see your photos and hear your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to meet up with you in November! My mom and I were planning to visit the Iowa Museum last week, but she wasn't feeling well. I need to check to see when the red and white exhibit closes - I really would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I wish I was going to be in Tempe! I know your bed turning will be fantastic. I look forward to seeing all the basket quilts as well. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so busy with such wonderful things.... oh, red and white quilts.... I do need to make one some day I <3 them! Enjoy all that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!