Sunday, June 28, 2015

Borders - Catherine's Garden BOM Month 7

Month Seven - Catherine's Garden
As we head into the seventh month of the Catherine's Garden BOM - celebrate being past the half way point!  Month Seven is HERE.
I sometimes run out of steam at the borders. Providing the border patterns half way through gives you a chance to work on it a little at a time.  My approach was to do a leaf a day.  I treated myself to stitching a border center flower as I completed a section of leaves.
The corners are appliquéd after the borders are on the quilt.  The design covers the seams.  The red vine tails will be lined up and trimmed and it will be time to layer and quilt.
I almost posted the picture with more of the blocks in place, that's the kind of weekend it was...
You can read more about the antique quilt HERE.




Have a great week, 
Dawn 

10 comments:

  1. That is going to be a beautiful quilt, love the colors.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ALWAYS run out of steam at the borders, and that is just with piecing, since I don't applique. What a smart idea to do the borders in the middle of creating the quilt. This is looking so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is coming along beautifully. You are going to have a wonderful quilt at the end. And I do love that background colour. Mmm, to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! I LOVE this colorway. I have to stop watching your progress, I have far too many irons in the fire to start another project. BTW, I just received my AQSG study book and your quilt looks sensational in it. I can't wait to see it in person in Lowell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely quilt you are making! I really like that green-ey/yellow border background....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful, Dawn!!! This is truly a masterpiece!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice and great idea about the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went back to look at your finished one...amazing work of art : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made awesome progress on those borders!
    I like your concept of just one leaf a day.
    This quilt is going to be Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good plan to work on borders as you go! Looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!