Saturday, November 28, 2015

Catherine's Garden Final Block Set

Catherine's Garden Pastel Fabrics
Thank you for your feedback last month on my pastel Catherine's Garden layout.  Because it is a class and lecture sample, I decided to keep the alternate block quiet.  That seems to keep the applique the accent.

I don't have all the rows together yet, but I pinned this combination up to show you the potential accent strip for the border.  I am also auditioning a favorite bias stripe for the border.




Catherine's Garden Orange Ground Fabric

The last twelve months have flown by!  Thank you to all of you who have followed along - both stitching and in support.
The final set of blocks for the Catherine's Garden block set are available HERE.

My yellow version is in the stack of tops for hand quilting.

The orange set is waiting for decisions on the alternate blocks.  I played some with a 16 patch idea.  I still have not ruled out keeping it simple and using more of the orange for the setting squares.

You can see the original quilt from our collection HERE.

I hope your December is off to a great start!
Happy Stitching,
Dawn

8 comments:

  1. What a different feel each color combination creates! From soft and gentle in the first one to bold and vibrant on the second. Then there is the yellow on the sidebar that has a personality all its own. Each one is pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I love both of these color combinations? They are so different yet I can't take my eyes off either one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both versions are wonderful! Great color/fabric choices for both.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing different versions of the same quilt is always interesting and reinforces the idea that there is no right or wrong interpretation of a pattern. It's what inspires you or speaks to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what I see here! Fun to play around with different sets and border and binding options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting to see how different they look with various backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the setting on the cheddar blocks. I have been thinking a bit about how I could set the blocks I have been making.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!