Thursday, December 31, 2015

Welcoming 2016

We had a quiet News Year's Eve.
Dinner out and a little bubbly at home.

So what's planned for 2016?
No resolutions - just fun plans.

Still collecting - watch for big news here!

We have new patterns planned as well.  All very exciting!  But no stress - so no firm dates.  That's part of the magic of working with family.

There are travel plans too - as I share parts of the collection across the country.  There may even be plans outside the US!

Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Sew Along Month 4
Star In The East

I will also be enjoying my Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt project with the Virginia Quilt Museum.  Working with Doreen has been a joy.
This month the block is "Star In The East".  You can get all the details HERE.
If you have not already, please jump in and join us.  I found one block a month very manageable.  Some days it is hard to stop stitching!  My applique area is about 8", and I will probably trim down the finished blocks to 9".  You have unlimited options for your block size.   I am still amazed with Esther Blair Matthews skill every time I look at the pattern.

So much to be thankful for - I am wishing you peace love and joy in 2016!  Oh, and a little extra stitching time would be nice...Dawn

14 comments:

  1. Your plans sound more exciting than mine. I made soup for dinner. DH took a walk this evening in subzero temps. I declined. He is now asleep in the recliner and I will wake him for some sparkling cider at midnight. We really know how to party, don't we? This is the first year in decades that we haven't hosted a New Year's Eve party and I am enjoying the low-key evening.
    Star in the East is a stunning block! Beautiful, slender pieces, and the design seems to create movement. I find myself just staring at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, fun and creative 2016! I do have a resolution, just one: more stitching! With regards to the rest I have learned to see what life throws at me.... I will go with the flow....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to learning more about your 2016 news. I always enjoy seeing your stitching. Great rendition of this block! Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous block! Many blessings to you in 2016 Dawn!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Block Dawn! Great project for a sew along. Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extra stitching time - YES!! It sounds like 2016 could be a pretty exciting year for you :0) Best wishes! Your star of the east block is beautiful - I love the green you used for the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this block - and am still in awe at the tiny size of it! Looking forward to hearing more of your 2016 plans - exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! Can't wait to see new patterns and hear about your travels. I enjoy seeing what people are doing with the SVBA sew along. Your block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I love that you are traveling to share your knowledge and collections.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely new block from the Shenandoah project. And just caught a glimpse of your Netherlands trip - how exciting for you and all the quilters there! Delighted our group is included on your 2016 calendar - you have a busy year ahead! Safe travels and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year! yay for no resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just watched the "new" TQS show. The second segment of the show is about the Virginia Quilt Museum and they show the SVBA quilt a few times during the segment. How cool is that? What a gem of a museum. Definitely has been added to my must see bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to what the New Year brings from you and your daughter's talents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!