Saturday, April 15, 2017

Rose of Sharon SVBAQ Link Up Month 20


This is my Rose of Sharon block for the Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt Along.

I loved using the time plaid for the leaves.
The stem was an older reproduction from the Smithsonian.

It has been such a fun project, it does not feel like month 20!

I am anxious to get it quilted.
I have an idea where I want to hang it - maybe by winter?
OK, maybe next winter.





I sometimes have the urge to straighten out the little details in these blocks.

But I love the quirkiness of the subtle differences between the flowers.

The bit of red and the small bits of yellow, as in nature, make this a beautiful block.

You can see more beautiful photos on the blog and Facebook Page.
HERE and HERE.
Happy Stitching,
Dawn

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers,
    Greetings christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning block! The plaid leaves are a great touch. I can't wrap my brain around appliqueing those tiny, yellow flower centers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really lovely block! Great fabrics. I like the flowers :0) I look forward to seeing all of your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful applique you seldom see! This is going to be a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn precioso bloque, me encantan esas flores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is such precise work, the flowers and leaves look so delicate. Love your fabric choices. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the plaid adds a fun and interesting element to the block. Another wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your leaf fabric. It is not one I remember. I had a lot of the Smithsonian prints at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely magnificent! I love the green plaid leaves. I am happy to see that you are sticking to the original. I seem to be so far to the left with mine that it is refreshing to see yours bloom into a true reproduction of Esther's masterpiece. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That plaid really does make for great leaves! I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous on my applique fabric choices.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an intricate, delicate and beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful, Dawn! I love the colours against each other, and the plaid leaves make the flowers stand out even more. Wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!