Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Circa 1880 Scrap Management

3" scrap blocks
I'm doing some scrap management - how's that for justifying a new project?
I like it.

I saw Wendy's post HERE about the Circa 1880 Project and it sent me over the edge...Off I went order the set.

I'm starting with scraps (laying around the floor and cutting table) from other projects.

I just love the tiny size and simple block.

However, I'm not following the plan....
Not swapping, not using 1880 fabrics and making my own timeline.  Just a little time for machine work these days.




Happy Stitching!
Dawn

More Information from Marcus  HERE
More Information from Pam Buda HERE

10 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that you are doing it, Dawn. Swapping and 1880 fabrics are certainly not required.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have some fun sewing with all your little bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great project, have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! Doing your own thing with it is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your organizational management! And this particular quilt is so sweet - not surprised you chose to do it...so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were able to get the pattern and templates without doing it as a BOM with a shop? When I tried to get the pattern/templates only, I was told No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit confusing to me too. It is my understanding every shop could set it up in a manner that worked for them. I did get a fabric pack with this. I gifted to someone who had a flooded sewing room. I'm very happy just using scraps. I might not even set it the same way.

      Delete
  7. I have been seeing the Circa blocks all around blog and Instagram land. I have not succumbed to it but, if I did, I don't think I would be trading blocks either. I don't understand all the particulars. Who knows, I might be doing it in a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you justify a new project :0) It looks like a fun quilt for using scraps. A flooded sewing room!!! That's horrible - I'm sure the fabric gift was greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must admit I was confused by Marcus post too. I have had a ball making these little gems and am tempted to make a number of minis instead of one large quilt. Time will tell. Glad you are making it your way! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!