Friday, April 19, 2019

Happy Easter Weekend

We are hosting Easter Dinner on Sunday so i thought I would post now.
All things spring are happening around here!
Warm Weather, greening grass and the tips of perennials showing in the mulch.
I am especially happy as my Yellow Peony is showing signs of healthy spring growth!

I have not done much spring decorating, it has been busy and I'm not sure I have time to also put it all away for summer.
I'll share some spring photos of past years.

The bunny in this photo is my pattern, and I embroidered and beaded her outfit.
The bears were made from Emily Farmer kits HERE.  I highly recommend her kits, and have almost all of them!



This photo shows the scale.
They are hand sewn, but you could do them on a machine.  The embroidery and embellishment is by hand.  The kits include everything but the fiber fill.

The kit packets make great gifts for sewing friends too!

There are kittens, bunnies bears in all kinds of variations.



This bunny print is the backing from a vintage quilt.

Aren't they happy bunnies?

Is that a hula-hoop?

So cute for a baby and spring.
I think pastels are no longer popular for babies.
hmmm.....personally I like it better than gray.







This is an embroidered and appliquéd crib cover.

The curtain has a three dimensional curtain.

I like the moon looking through the window at the bunnies sleeping peacefully tucked in their gingham sheets.

I wrote much more about it in 2013.  HERE.









These are sewing eggs.  I have yet to find the Singer Egg.

The milk glass egg is an Asian import, yet very similar to a glass darning egg.

The red and gold eggs are sewing kits.









View showing the eggs opened.

Many supplies in a tiny space, thimbles, needles, threads and pins.  Not the greatest quality!
Typical in 20th century imports.







Enjoy your weekend!

Dawn

PS
I am offering free US postage and gift wrap on signed copies of my book for Mother's Day.  
I'm also including a card. Postage will be refunded right away!   HERE


References:
Emily Farmer Kits HERE
Nursery-rhymes.org (Longer verses and history)  HERE 
More about baby bunting HERE
Crib quilt with the same name HERE

4 comments:

  1. Love the bunnies! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, those bunnies and bears are tiny and adorable--right down to the bunny slippers.
    A very fun Easter themed post, Dawn. So much to love here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little bunnies. I had never seen a sewing egg before, did not know they existed, think they are great. Have a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bunnies and bears have stolen my heart - that little one with with the bunny slippers is just so sweet! While I don’t much welcome wild bunnies in my Mr. McGregor vegetable garden, yours would be admitted in a heartbeat...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!