- Virtual and In Person Programs
- Karma Quilt Free Pattern
- Fig Leaf and Flowers Quilt Pattern
- Mary Witherwax Quilt Pattern
- Noah and Matilda Album Quilt Pattern
- Bags, Accessories & Pockets Patterns
- Quilt Patterns
- Catherines Garden Blocks On Point Patterns
- Thankful Doll Quilt Free Pattern
- Lucie Huig Dunnebier Quilter Profile
- Starry Hearts Doll Quilt Pattern Free
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
My Red & White Quilt
I met up a few friends and in conversations with my husband we discovered I didn't know how many quilts I have, nor did I have them documented. Somewhere in the course of the weekend I decided to document my collection, and share it with you!
What better quilt to begin with - my red work quilt. This quilt was purchased recently in Whittier CA, at an antique mall. It has exquisite hand quilting. I will share additional photos later this month.
I also collect antique needlework tools, school girl samplers and scissors. I will work them into the post every chance I get. In this photo I've included one of my child's sewing machines. The Coats & Clarks thread holder has crochet thread. I also have a fun stash of vintage laces and crochet hooks.
We also went to the Masterworks From The American Folk Art Museum and the Super Stars Exhibits. Very inspiring. I am working on a reproduction of the Bird of Paradise/Civil War Bride Quilt so it was interesting to see it in person.