Monday, July 30, 2012

The Stash Hit The Road

Check out the box labels
Got Fabric?
Yes...and it's moving.  Except for the sub-stash, it's with me.


We have fabric, fabrick and...more fabric in boxes.  The packers didn't quite 'get it' but they were good sports.


The house is sold, the movers packed and loaded the household and it's gone to storage for now.


We did have a few things to move other than fabric.
Kitchen items, furniture....but that's not as fun as fabric.








Roxy peeking from her backseat travel 'nest'



Precious things were loaded into the cars.

This included the furry types - our little old Roxy, 13 years and hanging in with us.  She's always loved a good road trip.

Many quilts and needlework tools came in the car with us.

DH has a stash of wine and port that also came along for the ride.




Utah 






The drive was beautiful.

Blue skies, winding roads and majestic mountains.












At the end of the day a rainbow reminding us of the good times in our future.  We will miss our good friends in California and look forward to making new friends in Colorado.  I'm sure we will have company!

Our new home will mean a new sewing room setup with more space.  For now I have several projects with me so I'll be busy until we get into the new house.

Stay tuned....

Have a great week - travel safe if you're on the road!



24 comments:

  1. I must have missed that you were moving!! Safe travels to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, ! Sending you good wishes and safe travels on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. I'm excited already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the movers have packed many quilters' stashes before?
    I wish you well settling into your new surroundings. Was this a work related move?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the move into the new house goes well. Good to hear the first part of the move and the selling of the house were successful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is certainly exhausting, but it is lots of fun, too, I think. You know, our movers didn't understand the boxes of fabric, or the boxes of books. Men! Safe journeys, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you do "got" fabric. Glad to hear the moving is progressing, love the special cargo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, and enjoy your new place when you get there. How fun to set up a new sewing room. You have all the choices you want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how exciting and exhausting too. Best wishes in the new home.
    I hope all the fabric arrives safely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the big move goes well for you. The long move always seems to work more efficiently, but it's SO much work. We've always had personal friends/family help us pack up our trailer when we've moved so I learned to 'code' my fabric/sewing boxes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope everything goes well with your move and that there are some grand quilt shops close to your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck in your new home . Looking forward to reading post about your new sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck in your new home . Looking forward to reading post about your new sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colorado! How I envy you! However, I don't envy the moving part. Not my favorite thing to do. It's been 35 years since I moved but the bad memory still lingers. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - you really do have a big stash! Have a very safe move and fun setting up the new sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roxy looks very comfy! I think you need more fabric - NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics!! So glad Roxy is doing well - such a cutie!! Hope she settles into the new routine!! Wow, that is some stash!! You know, I was raised in NW Colorado on the Wyoming border - kinda planning a trip home next summer - might crash you stash and meet you in person!! Wouldn't that be fun!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the packing boxes - I want to raid your storage facility! Beautiful pictures - glad you made it safely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The moving men didn't like my boxes of fabric when we moved. They were complaining about how heavy they were, I said I could lift them. Then later I heard one mumbling to the other that I should lift weights at the olympics then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a safe trip and welcome to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best Wishes Dawn in your new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an undertaking. I've lived in my house for 23 years and I can't imagine having to move everything! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice to see you are on the move and your precious possessions, including fabric, are all making the trip. When we moved a guy came out of the truck when all was unpacked holding up a tiny cotton triangle...asking, was this yours? (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the looks of your little roxie~!!~

    moving is such a chore but you all seem to be hanging in there and enjoying what you can despite that . . . even roxie~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!