All of my blocks for this project are stitched using back basting and needle turn appliqué.
The leaves are one piece across, then covered by the stem. Like Esther, I used two green prints.
I basted the orange flowers as one piece. Thank you Shona for the print! The yellow circles cover the center - smaller than a dime.
I almost used a peach for the buds, but stuck with a double pink.
All inking was done before stitching.
The bud stems are embroidered.
I added a little green stitch at the base of each flower bud.
The Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album blog is filled with tips and hints. If you haven't already, you might like to spend some time looking at the tabs. HERE. This month Doreen included instructions on her narrow bias stems HERE.
I'm linking up with other blogging friends who are stitching this project HERE. You can also checkout our Facebook page: HERE. I hope you join us!
Confession: I still need to stitch my pineapple blocks!
Have a great week,