Monday, November 5, 2018

Top 100, to 80, to 35

It is Quilt Market time - and my book is in the Schiffer Publishing booth (1749).  There are 13 new titles in their booth as well as best selling titles they keep in print.
If you are there stop in and have a look. If not, browse the catalog with the link below.
The books are not for sale in the booth - This is market for businesses to order wholesale.  The booth has all the titles available to preview.  For this reason they do not retail at quilt festival.
I do not know who might have my book at Festival. If you do - please let me know I have had many inquiries.  I did make arrangements for some presages and people are picking them up in a friends booth.  I have also sent some prepaid copies to hotels for customers saving international postage.
Contact me I am still selling books directly.
SCHIFFER CATALOG HERE.  Many books have preview pages.


Not a link - just shows rank
I chose Schiffer for my book because of their long history with a broad range of book outlets.  To be in the Amazon top 100 needlework books is...well...its' a bit of a rush!
Maybe I need loftier goals?  Keep climbing?

It validates that research, history and collecting do interest people and can sell books.

Amazon is a blessing and a curse, it deeply discounts the books initially which also cuts the author.  One just has to hope that the distribution makes up for it.  They have 60-80% of ALL book sales, theres no choice but to go with it!
I also sell signed books at my events.
I have been asked to do a post of FAQ's regarding writing the book.
If you have a question send them to me - I can keep your name anonymous if you like.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement!
Happy Stitching - and Reading,
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations 🍾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for making the top 100 list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! And, yes I do think you need to keep climbing. How about a book on collecting special quilts for patterning. The possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say being in the top 100 is a big deal! Congrats, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I hope your book will soon be for sale in many countries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Very exciting for you after all your hard work.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!