Tuesday, August 16, 2022

What An Honor

 What an HONOR!

Friday was a wild day - the kind that takes your breath away!
I had an email from International Quilt Festival.
I quickly opened it hoping all was well with the quilts for my exhibit.
The quilts were all been shipped to Houston from all over the US & Canada in June.

It was an email advising me my Catherine's Garden quilt was chosen 
as the 2022 Signature Quilt!

Wow!

We exchanged contracts and it was announced in a matter of a few hours!
Did I say Wow?

I wasn't even aware that was a possibility - I've learned much about the process.

This is the antique quilt from our collection:
Chrome Yellow Ground Fabric

If you are going to Houston please stop and say hello!
I will be at the exhibit at 1pm Saturday - for sure for an exhibit talk.
I will be there others times as well - we can also setup a time to meet.

All of the quilts are precious - so much history and so many stories to tell!
Stay tuned to learn why my husband calls the antique Catherine - His
One of several stories.

Pattern Page: HERE 

We also did a BOM program with the flower blocks HERE.

Past blog posts about Catherine: HERE

Happy Stitching,

Dawn

8 comments:

  1. I’m so very happy for you. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It’s a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful news, Dawn! Congratulations--it is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you. Congratulations. It's an incredible honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is an honor! I’ve always loved this quilt

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a wonderful surprise.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments!