Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hoop Sewing Bags Or Stitching Bags

Last year I made a hoop style sewing bag for a the AQSG Auction.  I wrote about it HERE.

I was very happy it sold at the auction with several bids!
I got several requests for a pattern, and now have it ready.
You can read more and order the digital pattern HERE.

It is a great way to use up some fabrics from your stash.
Two of my antique hoop bags are made with silk fabrics.

You can customize them by adding accessories like pockets, needle holders, handle variations and lid embellishment.  If you have spare macrame or embroidery hoops you are well on your way!

Besides a sewing project they can be used for lingerie bags, embroidery projects and jewelry storage.




Here is a trio we made in pattern testing.

These are a little smaller than the auction bag pictured above.  The pattern includes calculations for using your own hoop size.

These three close with a snap.  I plan to add a button on at least one.  Something large and a bit showy!

You can also see I like a scrappy look so I put the testing kits together with multiple fabrics.



This is one of my antique/vintage bags.

It is made of all one fabric, including the base and lining.

Very delicate rose print fabric.

I've even seen lids with quilt blocks and applique on them.







This is the interior lid of one in the trio - fun to customize!

It holds a few sewing supplies - but could easily be made to hold jewelry pieces or knitting accessories.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you are having a great July.  Ours has been filled with fabulous visits with family and friends.
Happy Stitching,
Dawn


9 comments:

  1. so cute! Love the antique version. You can never have too many project bags

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so nice - love all of them. I love the idea of putting a quilt block on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these little bags and am so pleased you have made a pattern for us Dawn! I have just purchased it and look forward to making my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever! What a fun, practical and beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I would never have thought to use an embroidery hoop this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a neat idea. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bags are really gorgeous! Thanks for taking the time for writing a pattern. I love that you based your pattern on some vintage bags you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous useful bags,love from India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!